Saturday 13 July 2013

Rab Rakha (chapter IX)

                                      It was the coldest night of my life Rakha. I have seen the cruelest time, I have been through such bitter experiences but when I met you I thought you are my medal I had won for running through such a hectic race in my previous time. You made me forget all my wounds and discomforts, you got warmth, hopes, dreams, you got me my zeal to live life. I couldn’t believe you cried for me that night, I couldn’t believe I gave you tears and I will never forgive myself for doing so. You are crying because you think you have broken my heart? Rakha what you told me was something I myself was aware from the first day I met you, I was just shattered for a bit because I was so lost and mesmerized in you that I forgot you are just a dream, you are just a season in my life that might end soon but will last in my thoughts till the last breath of my life.

                       I was astounded to see you breaking down for a fish (you were right Rakha) I agree with you I’m a fish I live in water , I accept you are a bird for you fly high, you live in the air you have the whole sky to breathe and you have high reaching, soaring aims in life. Even if we are emotionally, mentally and physically in all ways in love with each other, the fact that there is a wide gap between our worlds would not be taken away. You were shedding your valuable tears and taking all the blame on yourself Rakha, when it was me who was being selfish by expecting you to be with me. I should have thought that I was asking you to sacrifice on your flights, give up on what you are born for, and lower your altitudes. Love which takes you down is not love Rakha, and in true love you want the other person’s good. You took too much of a burden of guilt and wisdom on your shoulders Rakha, when it was my fault that I expected too much out of my life. You are an angel, you have wings and a halo and I was trying to pin you down to the ground when you are born to stay aloft beyond the sky in the heaven.

                           There was a time when in the shells I used to whisper my love songs, and secret rhymes,  I have longed for you for too long. I was too scared to come out of the water, you showed me the world more beautiful outside the shore, you showed me the moon you showed me the stars, you gave me the best feelings in the world. You will never have an idea of what you have done for me Rakha, simply because you don’t know the worth of your wings. And honestly that is one thing that pulls me more closer to you. If I can show you your worth by giving you what you deserve, which I doubt would be possible in this birth since no matter how much I would do for you will be less as compared to what you have given me. But even if i succeed a bit, I would feel that this fish of yours have done one worthy deed in his life. I genuinely want you to stretch your wings out, I want to you to apprentice the beauty and art of living life. I had always wished for the life you are living and if I will be happy if atleast you would be living it fully even if I will not be a part of it.

                           You asked me a very small thing Rakha, when you know me so well inside and out how could you think that I would now stop loving you. I regret for not being able to give you what you deserve and I apologize for not fulfilling your dreams.  Your tears are much more precious than this poor heart filled with intense love and longing for you. I see my happiness in your eyes Rakha, and I will not be able to acquire them if they will be filled with tears. I do not possess any grudges against you, I have a tiff with my God, for he wasted by granting me such a life, not because of my circumstances, but for the fact that you won’t be its part. Rakha, how much I was repenting that night for being where I’m, and my heart will always be howling to be with you.

 Dear God, if you are listening, I sincerely pray from the bottom of my soul to grant us a life of love birds,  in our next birth, so that I can fly with my Rakha, to the heaven so beautiful like a divine adobe, and where nothing will do us apart- sky or the shore, not even the nature, nor the creator, and not even the morals of Rakha.





Rab Rakha will be available on flipkart and infibeam for the people living in India and on www.uread.com for  the people living outside India. 

You can join my fan page by the name of 'Karnika Gupta' on facebook for more updates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment